Thursday, 27 February 2014

CC Box 19

This one is a little late due to exams, moving etc etc.

Box 19 was the January box and the first of the new format. Insteasd of lots of little things, there would be one kit. The first kit they chose was marbling, which I had last done at primary school.

So what was in the kit?

There was a bottle of floater fluid, several paints and some items to marble - some cards, fabric and a heart shaped ceramic pendant.

Marbling is pretty simple - or so I thought. Pour in the floater fluid, add drops of the paint, drop in the item to be marbled. Getting patterns to look how you want is tricky though! I definately think that marbling is very much a 'free form' art.

And here are my attempts! I'm really pleased with how some came out, less pleased with others. Next time I think I'll use a slightly larger container for the liquid and paints, as I did struggle getting some of the cards onto the surface.

Conclusion? I'm not a huge marbling fan. It's interesting for a bit, but gets boring fairly quickly. I also have no idea what I'm going to do with any of the cards or fabric I've marbled!

Friday, 14 February 2014

Still here!

Yep, I'm still here. Moving house is hectic. I've had little time for crafting, but I have managed a bit! The good news is that I am now all settled into the new place. All the furniture has arrived and been built and is in the right place. The only thing I need now is a new computer and desk (no idea where I'll put it though!) Now that's all sorted, I can relax hopefully.

With the move, I put away lots of my crafting stuff. I did keep a cross stitch kit out, as it didn't take up much space and could be tidied away easily. It's a lion cub, a DMC kit called Mischief.

Here it is on it's side... 2 back paws and the start of a front one. It looks much better in real life, and I'll try to update with more photos soon.

I know I said that I wasn't going to start any new projects... but I wanted to join in with the Ravellenic games. It only happens during the Olympics, and I've challenged myself to make a pair of socks. So far I've swatched, and also bought some new needles... 2 weeks to start and finish, yay! No pressure. Oh, and I also need to decide which sock pattern to go with. I've managed to narrow it down to three so far...

Right, I'd better get off, lots to do etc etc... I'll try to blog soon, hopefully with more pics!