Thursday 21 March 2013

Trying to get an appointment

It's been a busy couple of weeks. I've had a chance to play with the sewing machine, and tried my hand at some English Paper Piecing - pics to follow soon hopefully! I've also been working on M'aiq the Liar, and here he is so far:



I'll update this soon, when I've had chance to get a bit more done.

Running - not going so well. I've been unable to go out running due to work/personal commitments, but went out on Saturday and did the c25k week4 run 2, although I had to slow down at the end. I did the same run on Monday, or attempted to - my legs were protesting after a couple of minutes, so I only did half of the run, and have had a couple of days to recover. I'll be attempting the same run again this evening, wish me luck!


Not crafting related at all, but I'd like to share my attempt at getting a doctor's appointment this week, because it has baffled me! I rang up on Tuesday, trying to see a doctor for a quick check up (nothing serious)

Me: Hi, I'd like to make an appointment please.
Receptionist: No problem. I'm afraid the only appointments we have this week are on Friday.
Me: That's fine, what times do you have?
Receptionist: Oh, I'm sorry, I can't book you in on Friday. You'll have to ring up tomorrow at 8am to book in.
Me: Ummm, ok. So I can't book an appointment now?
Receptionist: No, you'll have to ring up at 8am tomorrow.

So the next day, I rang up at 8am. The line was busy. So I tried again a few minutes later. Still busy. I finally got through at 8.30, only to be told I was 9th in the queue, so I hung up and went to work, where I tried again. When I finally got through, this is the conversation I had, with a different receptionist.

Me: Hi, I'd like to make an appointment please.
Receptionist: Ok. Is it urgent?
Me: No, it's not urgent.
Receptionist: Right. Well, the only appointment we have free is in an hour. Is that ok?
Me: Ummm, yes, I guess so. (Very confused at this point)
Receptionist: Right, you're booked in, see you in an hour.

So I've learnt that the quickest way to get an appointment to see a doctor is to tell them it isn't urgent. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment