Tuesday 23 April 2013

WIPS and Pics

Last time I said I'd have some more pics... so here we go!

Starting off with a WIP pic of M'aiq - who was going really well untill I started the Sprite Stitch April Stitch-a-Long, and has now been hidden under that.

Still lots to do, working 1 strand on some 20ct fabric, which has shiny bits running through it. Lighting isn't great in this pic, will try to get a better pic soon, hopefully after I've done some more on him.


Speaking of the Sprite Stitch SAL - here are my first two bands, as of the 17th April. Since then, I've managed to get some more done, but have struggled to get any photos. Am still waiting for a couple of thread colours, hopefully they'll arrive in the next couple of days.



I managed to take a pic of a poncho I made last year, in Sirdar Reflection. First adult sized non-scarf/glove garment, and the yarn feels lovely (although it does shed quite a bit) Again, apologies for the poor photo quality.




I've decided that May is to be the month of finishing things off. Here's a quick list of what I have on the go at the moment:

Knitting: Bolero (just needs sewing up)

Cross stitch: SS April SAL (hopefully I'll get this done in April), M'aiq the Liar, Pokemon gen 1 (no chance of getting this finished in May, but it would be nice to get some of it done!), lion cub, and wizard (where I've accidently done 3/4 stitches instead of 1/2 - not sure how I'm best fixing it, but I'm fed up of seeing it in my cross stitch box unfinished!)

Sewing: VW camper van cushion (should be nice and simple, just needs a zip, very basic cushion cover) and Resident Evil cushion (Slightly more difficult, need to applique some things on before making into a cushion cover)

Crochet: 1 'square' blanket (planning to make a continuous granny rectangle, but have run out of the yarn I was using and can't get hold of it again - may have to improvise a bit!) and a 120 granny square blanket (I've made roughly a third of the squares I need for the blanket I have planned - providing I don't change my mind and decide to increase the blanket size!)


Plenty to keep me busy in May I think. And possibly June... I'm going to try not to start any more new projects except for perhaps knitting some baby bootees for a friend that's fallen in love with a pattern and has asked me to knit them... If I'm organised (unlikely) I'll get some pics up of all of the WIPs at the start of the month, and take a photo of all of them at the end of the month, for comparison. Doubt that I'll be that organised though!


No comments:

Post a Comment