Thursday 2 May 2013

April SAL and spur of the moment

As I mentioned last time, I took part in the Sprite Stitch Stitch-a-Long. Sadly, I didn't have nearly as much time as I had hoped, and below is my efforts as of the end of April, missing the 4th band, and without any borders!


As May is the month of finishing off, I'm hoping to complete this. It just needs a 4th band (either Lemmings or Sonic, not sure which to go for...) and a border, along with a couple of words and the SS logo somewhere...

Speaking of finishing off, I said I'd try to photo all my projects at the start of the month, and at the end of the month as well. I haven't done this yet, but hopefully will over the weekend!

Ah, the weekend. I saw a tweet from the lovely Black Sheep Wools yesterday, saying there were still spaces available on a professional finishing touches course this Saturday. I mulled it over for a couple of hours, and decided to go ahead and sign up, which I did last night. I'm hoping that if I learn to sew up garments properly, I'll have more motivation to sew it together and make it look half decent, rather than bodging a project at the end after spending ages knitting up the pieces. What I didn't realise, was that I need to take 3 squares of knitting with me, each 10-15cm. This means I've had to alter my evening plans to get started on it, and will probably spend a lot of tomorrow afternoon knitting as well! (which is fine, as I have tomorrow off, but I was going to tidy up a bit and perhaps bake some cakes as I have friends coming over!) Still, if I can get the squares done, the course should be good - and I'll try not to spend too much at the Black Sheep barn... They don't make it easy though, with all the lovely wools!

No comments:

Post a Comment