Monday 12 August 2013

The Craft Box Company - Review

I had an email alerting me a new Twitter follower last week, the Craft Box Company. This new follower looked interesting, so I did a bit of snooping (well, I checked their website) to find that they supply craft boxes with various kits inside them. When they mentioned they were looking for bloggers to review one of their kits, I volunteered straight away!

A few days later, I was rudely woken by the postman. I didn't mind once I opened up my parcel!
 

I received the Button Bracelet kit, and loved the contents


The kit had everything I needed - including pliers, which was fantastic. The selection of buttons was lovely as well, although my camera doesn't do the colours justice.

Bracelet, buttons, jump rings, instructions and pliers


The instructions were fairly clear - although it might have been nice to have a couple of pictures to illustrate some of the points a bit more clearly. I got stuck in straight away, and it wasn't long before I had a few buttons on my bracelet.


It was quite simple once I had the hang of it and it kept me amused for quite a while. The only problem I had was with one of the buttons which had holes a little bit further from the edge than was ideal, as you can see from the picture below.



I did manage to get this button on in the end, but it was quite fiddly. All of the others went on easily. There was just one other thing I disliked about this kit, and that was the number of pink buttons! (I'm not a fan of pink, and there were about 5 pink buttons) That's just a personal preference though, and nothing against the kit itself.

Ta da!
 


I had a lot of fun making this, and would quite happily buy this kit for crafty friends, or perhaps even a couple for a girls crafty night in. The kits aren't too pricey, and are good fun.

I've had another look at the Craft Box Company's website today, and it looks like they are adding more craft boxes to the range, I can't wait to see what they come up with next - I'm liking the look of the new Birds Nest Necklace box.

You can follow Craft Box Company on Twitter @CraftBoxCompany and visit their website http://www.thecraftboxcompany.co.uk/


For the record - I'm not being paid to review this box, and all views are my own. If I didn't like it, I'd say so with brutal honesty!

No comments:

Post a Comment