Friday 14 March 2014

Quick update

It's been a while since my last update, so I thought I'd better check in. Work has been a bit manic lately (I've been in Paris on business most of this week) so not much crafting has done sadly.

Still, I've managed to get some more of my socks done (no pics) and a little bit more of the lion cub
 

Since taking this picture, I've also managed to finish off an ear. I feel like I'm close to finishing, but there's still plenty to do.

I also managed to repurpose a shawl one of my friends had from a wedding - a fluffy white cape that shed everywhere. As she said she wasn't going to wear it again, I made it into a couple of cushions for her. I wish I'd kept it as it was and just made one large cushion, as it made quite a mess when I cut it up!!


Because she likes bling, I added a button to the other cushion. It was a simple black button, which I covered in clear nail varnish and added small 'gems' to, before coating with more nail polish. It turned out better that I thought it would, although I accidently moved a couple of the gems before it was fully dry at the bottom of the E.


So, other than work and the odd bit of crafting, what else have I been up to? Well, I came across a recipe for spinach and sweet potato gnocchi on Pinterest a while ago, and was eager to give it a try. I got the ingredients in, and here's what was made


A big trayful of tasty gnocchi! (2 trays were made, but one tray got eaten) These were pretty tasty, and the recipe was quite simple, if a little time consuming. It would be much easier to do again, now that I know what needs to be done. These little things are also pretty healthy, and can be frozen which is fantastic.

Another busy few weeks ahead, with more exams looming, and work to catch up on after the work trip. I'm aiming to have a sock completed soon, and the lion cub is top of my list to finish off! I've also spyed a few more projects I'd love to start, but must must MUST finish off some of the others first. Hopefully I'll have a finished project to show you next time.









No comments:

Post a Comment