Tuesday 27 January 2015

Longer than planned hiatus...

I had planned to update much earlier than this. Sadly, my computer had other plans. In fact, I've tried a couple of entries, but have had technical issues and they've been lost, I've been annoyed and then given up! So, here we go - trying again!

Knitting:
I've done another blanket square, which brings me up to a total of 7 so far! Pics to come soon.


Over Christmas I managed to start a cardigan for my friends baby, and got in finished in less than 3 weeks. It's one I've made before, but in a different colour, this time in brown and cream, Sirdar Fresco.






It's a lovely bobbly yarn, nice and soft and perfect for a little one. It was a lovely simple knit but the only problem was sewing it up, as the bobbly yarn was a pain!

Baking:
Yep, I've baked lots. The most delicious thing I've made in a long time has to be a salted caramel tart. I found this on Pinterest and the link led to here. I forgot to put the salt on top, but it didn't matter - it all got scoffed. I'm a little bit ashamed to say that most of it was eaten by me and my boyfriend, as it was too tasty to share with anyone! (we did give his mum a tiny piece)





Lovely and gooey, the caramel was delicious. The base was perhaps a bit too thick and overcooked, but held together well. The chocolate ganache on top? Beautiful. Definitely my new go-to dessert to impress folk. The tart isn't too sweet and is a tiny bit more-ish. Not healthy at all, but so so tasty. Did I mention it tasted amazing? I could go on about how beautiful it was all day...


But I won't. I also made some Christmas cupcakes, using some toppers and cases I was given from a Secret Santa (I figured they'd be ok for cakes on New Year's Eve - it was either that or wait a whole year to use them)



And finally...

Health/fitness
I've signed up for a colour run in July this year. It's a 5k run/walk for all abilities while getting covered in eco-friendly paint. It sounds like great fun and we're planning to raise funds for a cancer charity. While it is an open event and not a race, the people I've signed up with and I have agreed that we're going to do our best to run it. So, the couch to 5k training starts once again - hopefully I'll stick to it this time! Wish me luck




No comments:

Post a Comment