Friday 18 March 2016

WIP - Barn Owl

I really have no idea where the months keep going... it feels I was only posting a week ago, but upon checking, it was almost a whole month ago.

Good news - the commission piece is almost finished. All of the writing is done, all I need to do now is add a mug of coffee to the bottom. Once it's done and with the owner I'll post a photo.

Bad news - I found another WIP. I started a barn owl cross stitch kit on the way to London back in October, but I miscounted, got annoyed and had to undo it all. Then apparently I restarted it, although I can't remember doing so! I took this to my new stitching group this week, and got quite a bit done, here's how it's looking so far!

The annoying thing about this project is that the colours are quite light, as is the aida. But I'm happy with the progress I've made this month. I'm not looking forward to backstitching all of the details at the end, but hopefully it won't take too long. I might even have it finished next time I update!

All of the other WIPs are still WIPs... I'm hoping to have a bit of time to sit down over the Easter weekend to sit down and work on some of them. But first I really should finish that commission. Coffee cup, wash, iron and possibly frame. The end is in sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment