Thursday 2 June 2016

Fusion in Paris - the beginning

After my mad finishing skills this year I decided it was time to start something new. (side note - I've atted the border around Snape, but I still don't have a good photo. Soon I'll post something, honest!) I'd bought a bag of Wendy Fusion wool from a shop that was closing down a while ago and spent ages browsing Ravelry trying to find the perfect pattern. Something that looked exciting but not too tricky. I narrowed it down to a couple of choices and in the end I went for $5 in Paris as lots of people said it was a great pattern to follow for a first sweater. It's a top down raglan sweater, which means you can try it on as you go - sounded like a good plan to reduce errors.


I jumped in. Measured myself and started making the larger size. Had just come to the end of the ribbing when I tried it on.... and it was far too large. I undid all of the knitting and started again, on a smaller size. I read through lots of comments and it seemed that having a large neck (well, the cardigan having a large neck anyway) was a common problem, and elastic was a good solution. I've since been out and bougth some elastic, just in case.


After dropping a stitch relatively early on (about halfway through the top ribbing) and being unable to work out where, I restarted. 3rd time's the charm, right?

It seems to be. I really hope I don't have to restart it again as I'm much further along now. I'm really happy with how it's turning out, and I knew that a sweater would be quite a big project but this is coming along a little bit quicker than I thought it would. Yay for bulky wool!


A red top underneath is perhaps not the best thing to wear when the wool is red/orange, but it was what I was wearing at the time. Hopefully I'll have another update soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment