Tuesday 11 December 2012

Oooops

I haven't updated the blog in a while, so here's an update.

Hat - still not lined. I've bought some red fleece to line it with, but am going to see if my brother is happy with it as it is. If he thinks it's itchy/not warm enough then I'll mess about lining it then. While buying the fleece, I also managed to buy some VW campervan fabric, and some Sonic the Hedgehog fabric. Still unsure what I'll end up doing with these, but I'm tempted to start off simple, with a cushion.

I've made another pair of handwarmers, in the same colour, that I'll keep for myself (so lovely and soft, and great to wear while cross stitching!)

Started a blackwork project, from Gatchastitch. It's Flygon from Pokemon. Pattern looked interesting, and the materials for it arrived earlier this week. I'll post some pics soon hopefully.

Also started on a couple of chocobos for the bf. Just needed a couple of extra colours to finish them off, and then I'll take photos for the blog. Pattern from Sprite Stitch.

Muppet Glasses holder - found this pattern through Ravelry, and fell in love with the Dr Bunsen Honeydew version. I've made this in a lovely Bunsen colour, but didn't make it big enough! At least I know for next time. Pics to come soon.

My local craft shop is closing down and having a sale, so I've been going in and buying all sorts of stuff! I have ideas for some of it but not all of it. Today I picked up a book to look at, which is full of dinosaurs to make from fabric. Some of the stuff in it looks fantastic, and there's even a pattern for a kids dinosaur costume - which I'll probably alter slightly to fit myself. Just need an excuse to wear it after it's been made.

Since posting, I've also won some Christmas goodies from my local radio station, which was quite exciting. I won a Christmas tree (claimed by mum) a meal voucher for a local restaurant, mince pies, Christmas pudding and also a turkey. Phone call from the bf today, to let me know that the company he started working for this year give turkeys to all of their staff! Lots of turkey to eat this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment