Thursday 31 October 2013

CC Box 16

As promised, here's my post on CC Box 16

The theme this month? The Circus.

I really loved this month's art card, which is by Luke Spooner. I just wish I could get it the right way up on here, grrr!



There were lots of bits and pieces in the box, including some beautiful purple beads, wome red and white stripey buttons, a set of circus stamps (again, the picture wo't go the right way up for some reason - I really must start taking pics on a proper camera instead of my phone) some paper tickets, 3 lovely mask charms, a couple of double sided craft papers plus some temporary tattoos. I love the black and purple circus card, but have no idea what to do with it at the moment. I may just frame it, along with a couple of the art cards from the Crafty Creatives boxes.



 
 
The stamps look like they could be fun, but I'll have to go out and get an ink pad to use them with I think. I'm going to attempt to make a pair of earrings from the beads in the near future, nice and simple ones. What I'll do with the rest of them, I'm not quite sure yet!
 
As well as all of these lovely goodies, there was the kit for this month, which was to make a kitsch animal necklace. My kit contained a lovely black panther, although I'm not sure I'll turn it into a necklace.
 
 
There was also a second suggested 'kit' which was to make some circus themed coasters. The box had some card circles, some black and white circus prints and PVA glue to do this with, and they suggested using the temporary tattoos on these as well. While I may not make the coasters, I'm tempted to decorate a ccouple of plain cardboard boxes with the tattoos, possibly after decopatching them.
 


 
There were some really lovely items in the box this month and my brain is whirring with suggestions of things to do with them.
 
A quick update on the crocheted blanket - only 8 squares left to sew together, then it will be complete! Pictures to follow once it's complete, I promise. I'm hoping to get it finished before Tuesday so I can take it to the local knitting/crochet group. I'm also still working on the Sprite Stitch swap gift, and hope to have it complete this weekend. Lots of crafting to do, too little time to do it in!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment