Friday 25 October 2013

Finished item and some WIPs

It's been a while since I posted, life has been busy! I've been looking at houses, and found a nice one, which has led to lots of learning about mortgages. Exciting stuff! I've also been busy with work for the accounting course I started in September, and we've had a new starter at work.

Even with everything else, I've still managed to find some time to craft! I completed my cowl in Sirdar Giselle. I really love how this turned out - Purse stitch was quite simple to pick up, and resulting in some fairly mindless knitting in front of the TV. Sewing it up was quite easy as well, especially compared to other recent projects! The copper flecks look great next to the blues, I just wish I could get a better photo of it.



And I've done some more work on the Wingspan shawl in King Cole Galaxy since this picture-I'm now on the 4th 'triangle'. I'm really liking how the colours are coming out on this, such a lovely subtle shade change. I'll try to post another pic soon showing the colours a bit better.



But the main thing I've been working on this week is the crocheted blanket. 120 squares. So far I've managed to get 30 squares sewn together (but forgot to take a photo, as I'm silly) and realised that I have a lot of ends to sew in once they're sewn together. If I ever decide to make another blanket like this again, remind me not to use black wool - it's driving me crazy!
Here's a poor picture of most of the squares... there's a lot more black than any other colour, and it makes me want to cry.

 
I'm aiming to get at least 6 squares sewn on each day, so it should hopefully be finished in a couple of weeks. But, you know what they say about good intentions and all that...
 
This weekend I really need to finish off my Sprite Stitch swap gift, which means getting the sewing machine out. I've got most of the weekend to myself, so may indulge in lots of craftyness (and square sewing)
 
The latest Crafty Creative Box arrived this week as well - I'll do a post on that next week hopefully, once everyone else has received theirs so that I don't accidently spoil the contents for anybody.
 
Final (slightly scary) thought for this post - I've been blogging for almost a year (My first post was 2nd Nov). It doesn't seem that long ago I started this nonsense!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment