Thursday 10 January 2013

First "training" session

I went to the gym last night, and wasn't really in the mood for it. I've had a couple of busy nights (Beer festival meetings, Bobbins meetings) and haven't had much "me" time - and I quite like my me time!

In the gym, I decided to give the Couch to 5k podcast I'd downloaded a go, as I'd like to improve my stamina and be able to run longer distances. I wasn't particularly looking forward to it, but I'm really glad I did it! Running broken up with brisk walking, over 30mins. The woman on the podcast was quite supportive, and I left the gym feeling more energised than I have in a while. The best part - I don't have any aches or pains today! Not sure if that's anything to do with the fact I actually did the warm up and warm down, or if it's because I had a nice soothing bath afterwards. Now I just need to do this another couple of times this week, and then the rest of the podcasts for the next 8 weeks.... I still haven't decided if I'll sign up for the 10k run, hopefully will decide in the next few weeks.

I didn't even pick up any of my projects last night - and I still haven't got around to photographing them. Still doing my twirly scarf and have also started a cross stitch pattern of M'aiq the Liar from The Elder Scrolls games. I also have a couple of small projects to start for people on Sprite Stitch who didn't receive gifts in the Sept/Oct Mini Swap, and will possibly start them this weekend/early next week. I also want to try out my punch needle equipment... Too many things, too little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment