Friday 4 January 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone, I hope that 2013 is a good one for you.

This year, I'm hoping to blog a little bit more, and post more WIP pictures. Got a nice camera for Xmas, so the pictures should be better quality!

What did I get up to over the Xmas break? I did a little bit more of the Epic Pokemon and started a twirly scarf (pics to come soon) I also discovered that I really like playing co op Resident Evil 5, even though I'm not very good at it! Lots of relaxing and seeing friends and family was done as well, it was a really good break.

But now, it's back to work, and there's a beer festival to organise later this year. Things are only going to get busier!

Another aim of this year is to spend less on craft supplies. The local craft shop closed down recently and reduced all their prices, so I stocked up on a few things I needed, as well as a few things I didn't (such as a sew your own dinosaur book!). I've also ordered a needle punch tool, and want to give that a go. It looks interesting, and I really like the effect it produces. I just need to find the time to play with it now!

Last resolution - not to buy any more wool until I've used up at least half of what I have, as I have lots of patterns with appropriate wool sitting around!


In none crafty news, some of my friends are trying to convince me to do a 10k run with them. I'm still not sure about it, but I'm to try a couch to 5km training programme and see how that goes. The run isn't until May, so I have plenty of time. I would like to get fitter, and having a goal to work towards might motivate me. However, I've NEVER enjoyed running long distances (and to me, 5/10k seems a long distance to run!) The training programme I've been looking at has had some good reviews, shall update the blog with how I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment